DUI Lawyers in Illinois
An arrest for DUI carries a number of very severe penalties, even before you get to court. If you refuse to blow into the breathalyzer you can lose your driver’s license for one year, or up to 3 years. If you do blow, but your breath alcohol level is above the legal limit, you will lose your license for 6 months, or up to one year.
The criminal penalties are even harsher. Many thousands of dollars in fines, hundreds of hours of Community Service, taking a drug and alcohol abuse evaluation, required attendance at drug and alcohol treatment, a Victim Impact Panel, and of course spending time in the County Jail or State Prison are all possible consequences of a DUI conviction. These penalties can add up to thousands of dollars in total costs, and a huge amount of your time away from your job and family.
DUI Charges in Illinois
There are six different DUI charges in Illinois:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol that renders the person incapable of safely driving.
- Driving with a Blood Alcohol level of .08 or above.
- Driving under the influence of any intoxicating compound or combination of compounds that renders the person incapable of safely driving.
- Driving under the influence of any other drug or combination of drugs that renders the person incapable of safely driving.
- Driving under the combined influence of alcohol, other drugs, or intoxicating compounds that renders the person incapable of safely driving.
- Driving while having any amount of Cannabis in your system.
There are many possible ways to fight a DUI charge. The evidence that the police collected can be tainted, the officers who arrested you might not have been properly trained in DUI detection, or your rights may have been violated during your arrest which can lead to suppression of some or all of the evidence against you. The DUI attorneys at Appelman & Lloyd LLC have vast experience in fighting Illinois DUI charges. We have successfully handled DUI cases in all of the Chicago Area counties including DuPage, Kane, Will, Kendall, Cook, LaSalle, McHenry, and McLean Counties.
Naperville DUI Attorney
If you have been charged with a DUI do not hesitate to call the Aurora DUI attorneys at Appelman & Lloyd LLC now. You need experienced and passionate advocates who will fight for you and your family.